Sunday, March 13, 2011

What Should A Short Film Treatment Look Like

STORIES ROBERTO CONTI (10th part)

OF PATAGONIA WITH LOVE
(based on my novel "The Legend of Two Little Lake")

was a sunny day in late summer 1959. My master had given me a routine patrol flight. The plane, a beautiful silver and AT-6 Texan Chilean Air Force. I started doing pre-flight review while enjoying their aerodynamic as a male enjoys his female. This day was stirred my spirit of adventure and I never would have imagined that this flight would all be less than routine. Continued my ritual of preparation, I boarded the plane and settled in the narrow but familiar cabin. I tied like a cowboy does his horse and we became one. I reviewed my checklist and I made a sign to the charge of earth. The engine and said I said I could start in his other hand while holding the fire extinguisher. And then crank the shock came several loud roar of the powerful radial engine.




The tower base authorized me to the top of the track. I tried it once the engine and everything seemed in order but for the fate of the word "order" had another meaning for today. The tower cleared me to take off, advance the throttle and I could feel the immense power of the engine pulling all the speed-hungry aircraft. The air began to whistle around the windshield, I looked at the speedometer and freed the plane of the earth to rise swiftly to the adventure. I level out at about five thousand feet with my instruments while establishing the route to patrol assigned. He looked at the front and sides to enjoy the beautiful scenery offered by this area of \u200b\u200bChile.
I began to fly lower and lower leaving the area had to patrol. I wanted to see such splendor that area of \u200b\u200bthe Andes in Patagonia. A low-altitude images blurred spent more than two hundred miles per hour. It was a valley with green meadows, small woods, bushes, lakes, rocks and some horses, cows and sheep run scared to step on my plane. The orchestrated sound of wind through the propeller, fuselage and wings was deafening. I was stuck on the plane as another component. Just my back and my stomach felt the change in my weight as they rose and fell. I felt powerful when the aircraft accurately read the commands from my right hand on the control stick and coordinating movements of my feet with the pedals.


The AN-44 285 of the FACH


NA-44 Aircraft numbers 204 and 206 in
flight
The NA-44 number 212 on the spring Arturo Prat de Punta Arenas.

(Photos taken from the blog "The aircraft observer "Writings on Chilean aviation.
Ivan http://ivansiminic.blogspot.com/2008/02/orgenes-de-los-texan-en-chile-aviones.html Siminic de Chile.)
continued ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment