Sunday, March 20, 2011

Biosculpture Nails Toronto

STORIES OF ROBERTO CONTI (16th part)

OF PATAGONIA WITH LOVE (Continued)


Captain Rodriguez came into my room and I was almost a cry for your heart - Lieutenant Conti! It looks great today! You are too good to be alive and that is taking care of this wonderful family. When Mrs. Cameron and the doctor decide is fit again will take you to the base where he expects a military court for what he did so very well start preparing his defense. - And after a few laps on foot from side to side of the room with his hands behind him said - Good Lt. Conti ... 'm outta here ... good luck ... You will need it! - Solange and mother raised their eyebrows in response to the "sermon" from the captain. I said taking my hand to my forehead - If my captain! "- And silently withdrew all of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I sat on the bed. Reminded the rigid military way my grandfather and my father and after that "muddy" my insurance my father was going to help me ... Never in a million years! To complete the torture came the two officers who accompanied the captain to tell me silly and make fun of me. The burst of the room so leave me alone. I felt my life came to an abrupt change and do not know what to do with my future. At least I knew I had close to the lovely Solange.

spent a week in the departure of the military with the plane and I could walk better. My face showed only a few bruises.
One morning Jim with an air of mystery, I said - "Robertou" Come with me to the barn I see something that will please you. - Close the barn Solange came and told me - Roberto, I do not think you're ready for adventure now, watch out more. - What adventures? - I said. Jim handed me a briefcase and told me I would need everything that was inside. Did not understand. By opening the gates of the house appeared before me a beautiful shiny red biplane with varnished wooden propeller new and very well maintained. Jim proud and smiling devil's face told me -! Te "presentou" my "pelirouja" Clementina! Clementine was a girlfriend I had in England, red-haired, thin and nervous as this biplane ... Ah! But a dime! heh, heh. This aircraft is a De Havilland Gipsy Moth to 1926 and flew one like this just for the first time in the RAF. For a long time pilots around the world have followed these biplanes flying. Is covered with fabric, has the structure of wood and metal and I have put an almost new engine. - And he said Solange. - A well-preserved relic that my father insists on flying.

continued ...

De Havilland DH-60G Gipsy Moth "

Gipsy Moth Aviation Club de Magallanes in Chile.
(Photo taken from the Blog "The observer aircraft" Ivan Siminic de Chile:
http://ivansiminic.blogspot.com/2007/11/beechcraft-baron-en-el-club-areo-de.html ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment