Monday, March 21, 2011

Shooting Pain Between Thumb

STORIES ROBERTO CONTI (17th part)

Jim told me to open the briefcase, while going to a room. Inside the briefcase was a diver, flying hat, goggles, gloves and everything needed to fly ... and fly was all that was left after my unfortunate accident in T6. Jim then left the room already dressed ready to fly and said, - Lt. Conti, the "invitou" a fly in my plane and I will like it "muchou." But Solange and her mother insisted that I did not make the case - Robert, you've had a bad experience with your plane to return to risk in that age, do not you think? Also, my father is a madman doing acrobatics. - Jim smiled and stood over even happy to hear that comment ... I said to Solange - I think your father and I are cut from the same cloth and have the same taste ... if I had not been crazy I am to fly we would never have known ... Is not and Solange? The truth is that I go to "kill the redskin" to dispel evil spirits and what better to do with Jim. - I got all the equipment up and went with Jim to see the rear cockpit biplane instruments.


The unit had two cabins one behind and one below the upper wing. Small door giving access to each cabin and once inside Jim handed me a small parachute and a scarf white parachute cloth like the one hanging from his neck and he smiled - no white scarf that you can not get on or "voula" aircraft. I pilotearé all the way through "I make" a signal, first tilting the plane to the left and right and you will have control of the aircraft. When you want me to take it, and I repeat that I will sign the checks. - Jim, as a good pilot and respectful of the rules of flight, he said, - We must "walk around" the aircraft first and check everything before leaving to fly. - And pulled out an old saying that card check and review the aircraft. I helped to push the biplane out of the house. It was easy because it was very light. Then I said - Roberto, give a boost to the propeller and I'll cab from the engine powering the magnets from left to right .- The engine coughed and driving the first blue smoke from the exhaust took high revs. I immersed myself in the forward cabin having a lever connected to the ground and two pedals under the panel on which there were two or three instruments, all very simple. To my left were the engine controls. The small parachute served as my pillow. Breathed new paint the fuselage and a mixture of wood and the smell of engine oil inside the cabin and thought it was normal in a plane so many years in his pocket. I tied well safety straps on my shoulders and waist and gave Jim a typical sign of the thumb.
Solange and her mother watched from inside the shed as the Gipsy ran quickly westward jumping and generating high buzz, followed by a cloud of dust. Jim throttle and within seconds we were flying.



felt the cold wind in my face, all the sounds, vibrations, tensioning wires whistling of the wings and the creaking of the wooden biplane. I felt alive again! Jim was in control and began to earn a little extra height. The landscape of the room gave me a quick reminder of the last moments before the crash. We flew over the houses and there were small, Solange and their mother waving her arms. They only saw the heads of the pilots in the red biplane with white scarves in the wind, a spectacle worthy of the first war. Other people were running out by watching the plane and some animals were rattled to hear it fly over their heads. Jim was raised enough to make a couple of rolls and then continued his climb to about three thousand feet. Biplane lifted nose by reducing engine speed until the unit started to vibrate to be lacking speed. Began to fall and we invest to the right. A return, two laps and finally closed the lever Jim leaned forward and staying focused biplane pedals in perfect vertical drop accelerating up to a hundred miles per hour with turning the fields around us. I enjoyed the loud whistle of the velocity was my room, was where I wanted to be!


continued ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment