Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How Long Stabilizer I Need For My Bow

STORIES ROBERTO CONTI (13th part)

OF PATAGONIA WITH LOVE (Continued)
With much pain my head turned around to see her enter the room. Among the gauze that covered my face I stared at her eyes not knowing what to say. I said gently - Hi Robert, I'm Solange Cameron. Thank God you woke up. You had an emergency landing on our farm "Two small lakes." Found your name "Roberto Conti" in your uniform, and wash. - And I replied, - Thanks! ... like ... well ... uh ... - For a second I thought this young woman undressing and washing my wounds ... waooo, but to shake me I almost fainted. - Solange Thanks for being so kind and I apologize for any inconvenience caused to them. - And a cheerful voice said, - Nooo, thank you for bringing something exciting to these distant lands! The chance that something happens around here is very remote. - This will soon warmed my heart. She stood there with much aplomb with both hands on his waist looking at me as if he knew me before. Had a very beautiful chin. His voice was soft but firm. When two dimpled smile appeared on either side of his face. - Poor you! You are very lucky to be alive. How did you land a plane like that in your state? You must be very good pilot. - And I replied, - I think just my virgin of good luck was on my side. Thank you for your moral support. It was flying very low and completely ignoring the regulations forgot flocks of birds are very common in this region. Sure I will go to court martial and Captain Rodriguez will be happy to take my case because I'm not your favorite, I was doing the donkey! And even I made the call "may-day" before of "embarrigar" the airplane. Actually what I wanted was to see the Andes in Patagonia. The flight that had to do was further south. I became afraid that they learned he had flown over Argentine territory without permission but I think no one saw me except some Gauchos and their flocks. - And he says Solange - My father has already notified your base and your superiors about your accident and your condition. Were very concerned when you started to stop too long and did not respond on the radio. They did not know you were so far away and so the search planes did not go through here. And sent a rescue team to pick you and the airplane. I insist that my mother and I can take care for now you should not move. My mother was a nurse during the war and she knows how to care for downed pilots ... like you, heh, heh. - In saying that his blue eyes lit with a smile. I asked - How is the plane burned? - No, not burned, seems it was not given much damage as you passed. My father says he will need a new propeller, some repairs and a good washing. Oh, my God, I've never seen so much blood and feathers attached and inside of your plane! This morning I saw a pair of red foxes and carrion birds interested in the cockpit of your plane. We had to put you in a canvas top. - I asked him - "But Solange how long I was unconscious? - For nearly fourteen hours young! You looked good when you are wrong. Did you know? We thought you were dead, lying there on the floor all bloody and covered with white feathers. You looked like a dead chicken! Ja, ja, ja! We are preparing food and stay in a house that we call "high boy" for the rescue team coming. We can use a tractor to pull the plane if needed. And as for you boy I will take care. - Solange ... - I asked - "This is a beautiful French name and your surname is English, why? - Thanks Bob, what happened is that my father, is English, was in France during the war and my mother fell in love with Marie Solange that right now you are cooking your lunch as we speak. - Solange then disappeared down the corridor.

continued ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment